CoreMessage is seeking a full-time Account Coordinator or Account Executive with one to three years of experience in public relations, public affairs, advocacy, journalism or related fields. This person will be responsible for all facets of client service and will serve as the primary liaison for several client accounts. Ideal candidates must demonstrate previous success in traditional and non-traditional media relations, familiarity with social media platforms, proficiency in public relations writing and the ability to multi-task.
- Understands client business (and the industries in which it participates), provides appropriate and timely client counsel.
- Develops, implements and guides communications strategies and programs for clients.
- Creates and manages local, regional and national media databases.
- Meets and develops relationships with key constituents and media important to the client’s business.
- Knows media needs and the appropriate channels for dissemination of information.
- Establishes relationships with media and interacts with media on behalf of clients, including serving as a spokesperson as needed.
- Drafts public relations and communications materials including news releases, op-eds, letters to the editor, communications plans and proposals, press releases, pitch letters, media alerts and fact sheets.
- Has proficiency in the professional use of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Monitors projects to ensure that deadlines and quality standards are met.
- Coordinates and executes status meetings with clients and other contacts.
- Monitors social and traditional media channels on behalf of clients.
- Experience in media relations, community relations, grassroots advocacy, social media management and event planning/management.
- Experience managing the day-to-day activities and efforts for multiple client accounts.
- Proven written (AP style) and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, creative writing, journalism, political science or other related field.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently and as part of a bigger team.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of accounts and clients.
- Demonstrate effective client relations.
- Personal computer proficiency; MS Office preferred, including MS Outlook.
Please send your resume, along with writing samples and references to Carrie Patrick, firstname.lastname@example.org.