Description Ripley Entertainment Inc. (www.ripleys.com) For over 90 years Ripley Entertainment Inc. has entertained visitors around the world, with over 90 exciting attractions in 10 countries, along with best-selling books, a globally syndicated live action television series, and the longest continuously published newspaper comic in history. Cartoonist and adventurer Robert Ripley started it all in 1918 when he began drawing his daily feature. Ripley Entertainment Inc. is seeking a Social Media Associate to work with the online marketing team for the Ripley’s Believe It or Not! and Ripley’s Aquariums brands. The ideal candidate will have a passion for social media, storytelling, writing, researching everything odd, weird, and bizarre, and have a keen editorial eye. The candidate must also have digital and social media marketing experience, specifically managing and reporting on advertising on Facebook and Twitter.
• Research stories and trending news that can be used for social media, blog, or video content
• Write blogs, scripts, and social media posts and develop a distinctive Ripley’s Believe It or Not! voice
• Engage with social audience, monitoring social conversations and proactively replying to comments and messages
• Plan and schedule a content calendar that capitalizes on trending news and aligns with marketing initiatives
• Ideate and manage social media contests
• Help grow and engage our social media audiences by delivering compelling content
• Work to integrate social media efforts into all company initiatives and manage social media advertising to generate ticket and book sales and increase visibility of branded content
• Use a variety of analytic platforms to define key metrics and report on growth, campaigns, engagement, and return on investment
• Extensive knowledge of content creation and advertising on emerging and mainstream social channels: Facebook, Facebook Live, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Periscope, Google+, Snapchat, Tumblr, and more.
• Experience with Facebook Business Manager, Locations, Insights, and Audiences
• Deep understanding of digital marketing best practices
• Understanding of social media contests and sweepstakes rules
• Experience with social media monitoring and scheduling tools
• Knowledge of Google Analytics
• Familiarity with SEO & SEM best practices.
• Experience with WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite with the ability to resize, reformat, and repurpose graphics for different platforms is a plus
• Ability to be self-managed and multi-task numerous projects
• Flexible and can work independently within a fast-paced, changing environment
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or related field
• 3+ years of professional experience in social media, blogging, digital marketing, or related field
• Works well in a team environment
• Sense of humor is a must