The Communications Team is looking for a sharp, hard-working intern for the summer term. This is a full-time, paid position for which class credit is also available.
The ideal candidate will understand the core principles of public relations and have an interest in health, wellness and the fast-growing world of mobile and digital technology. The intern will work under the direction of the Communications team across a variety of functions such as media and conference engagement, executive visibility, PR launches and internal communications. Successful interns are self-starters who are professional, eager to learn and ready for a fast-paced, hands-on experience.
• Support media activities by developing and maintaining media lists, researching reporters and outlets, and monitoring and analyzing industry coverage.
• Draft and edit PR materials, such as executive bios, media alerts, press releases and pitches.
• Conduct various types of research to inform our approaches to media opportunities, industry conferences and awards, and other communications activities.
• Maintain calendars and databases tracking key PR activities, announcements and other milestones.
• Provide prep and onsite support for company events, speaking engagements and conferences.
• Understand Sharecare business and competitive landscape in order to support the needs of our various business divisions.
• Assist staff with additional administrative, internal and external communications projects as needed.
The ideal intern candidate will have strong skills across the following areas.
• Writing and proofreading (especially in accordance with AP Style)
• Interpreting complex information and communicating it to a lay audience
• Research and analytical thinking
• Time management
• Proficiency in various social media platforms (knowledge of WordPress basics is a plus)
• Computer skills: Excel, Word (knowledge of PowerPoint and/or Keynote is a plus)
High school diploma and current student in degree seeking program (4-year college or post-baccalaureate graduate program).
Sharecare, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, equal pay, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other status protected under applicable law.
Apply for Communications Intern using the link below: