Disability Rights Florida, the premier statewide disability legal rights advocacy organization, is offering a paid undergraduate internship to a qualified candidate for the 2018 Spring semester. It is open to students majoring in a College of Communication & Information program.
The internship is for approximately 10 or more hours per week (depending on workload) throughout the semester. The pay range is between $9-12 per hour, based on candidate knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The ideal candidate may undertake for the following responsibilities:
- Social Media – coordination; scheduling/posting; creating new content to share; finding existing content to share
- “You First” Podcast – production; scripting/outlining; audio editing
- Website – updating existing content; basic website editing/maintenance of both DisabilityRightsFlorida.org and AccessTheVote.org
- Internal Newsletter – layout and organization of internal newsletter
- Graphic Design (if qualified and necessary) – edits to existing publications; laying out new publications
- Video Production (if qualified and necessary) – there is a possibility that we will create new video content for website and social media
In addition to gaining experience relevant to your specific major, all interns will gain knowledge and experience with disability accessibility, language accessibility, and cultural competence.
To learn more about what we do, please visit www.disabilityrightsflorida.org.
Please submit cover letter, resume and writing/media samples to Keith Casebonne at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to indicate your specific major.
Background screening is required of all employees of Disability Rights Florida. Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply.