The Florida Technology Council (FTC) http://www.fltechcouncil.org/ is looking for an intern who is interested in the junction between legislative concerns, education, and how tech can shape the landscape of Florida business. The intern will work sometimes in the downtown Tallahassee office, but mostly remotely, alongside the FTC Executive Director and board. This internship will begin on January 22, 2018, the intern will work 10 hours per week at the FTC office or remotely for fifteen weeks with the possibility of continuation after 15 weeks.
- Promote the FTC’s advocacy, national recognitions, and member benefits through different media, namely social media and blog posting
- Marketing, internal (members) and external (community) outreach, social media
- Participate in quarterly board meeting to gain a bigger sense of the organization’s mission
- Participate in and help facilitate monthly events and/or online workshops for members, as well as promote these events to members
Other tasks may include:
- Various tasks to assist the Executive Director
- Create some website content in regards to member benefits and relevant legislation
- Currently enrolled at FSU, TCC, or FAMU
- Fluent in Social Media platforms to include, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. Ability to collaborate with FTC staff and members professionally in writing
- Can work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Has transportation to downtown office
- Has personal technology and internet access
- Knowledge of and/or interest in the legislative process and technology policy
Good to Know:
This internship will strive to provide good, resume building work and a lot of experience in the technology-related legislative process.
The Executive Director will work around your class schedule to establish a schedule for the internship. Proof of internship for class credit can be provided by request.
If you are interest in this internship please send a resume and cover letter via email to: James Taylor, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org