Florida State Courts System
Office of the State Courts Administrator
Innovations and Outreach Unit
The Innovations and Outreach Unit is seeking an unpaid intern to assist the unit with several outreach initiatives. Primary duties include developing educational, how-to-videos to help parties attending court without a lawyer and creating social media graphics on law-related topics. This position will provide an opportunity for students to enhance their graphic and multi-media skills in a government setting. The internship requires a minimum commitment of 10 hours weekly but offers a flexible schedule. This internship is ideal for students concentrating in media and communication studies, digital media production, marketing, or public relations.
- Video Production – creating educational videos about going to court without a lawyer. Videos will be 2 – 5 minutes in length and posted on websites and social media.
- Graphic Design – creating graphics about law-related topics and themes for social media posting.
In addition to gaining video and graphic design experience, interns will gain knowledge of legal terminology, court procedures and processes, and Florida’s judicial branch. The internship may be beneficial to pre-law students. Interest in the law is preferred, but not required.
The internship is located in the Florida Supreme Court, 500 S. Duval Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399.
- Knowledge of video production and presentation
- Skilled in video creation software and ability to learn Avid Media Composer software
- Skilled in Adobe Premiere Elements, Adobe Photoshop Elements, and/or Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of graphic design for social media and graphic creation software (Canva, or similar)
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Criminal background screening is required
- No compensation or health insurance provided
Submit a resume and at least two references (one can be a college professor) to Tricia Knox, Innovations and Outreach Unit, email@example.com. Please email or call Ms. Knox at (850) 488-6574 for more information.