Jabil is a global product solutions company providing comprehensive services to electronics and technology companies in a broad range of industries. Jabil helps customers turn ideas into products with its wide breadth of design, manufacturing and product management capabilities; allowing customers to think beyond their conventional marketplace and explore new opportunities. Jabil brings customer products to the market faster and more cost effectively by providing intelligent digital supply chain solutions around the world; empowering companies to be the change agents in their industries. Headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, Jabil has over 100 facilities in 28 countries and 180,000 employees worldwide.
Information Technology (IT) Intern – Summer 2018
Jabil offers paid IT summer internships. The IT Organization provides and supports solutions to every facet of the company. IT lends thought leadership on future technological needs while supporting and maintaining operations, supply chain, materials management solutions and application infrastructure such as hardware and data center operations. IT focuses on anticipating customer needs, continuous improvement and responsible cost management.
IT Intern responsibilities may include:
- Gaining exposure to phases of the software development lifecycle such as requirements gathering, design, validation etc.
- Participating in enterprise architecture projects
- Contributing to continuous improvement initiatives
- Honing application development skills
- Leveraging project management and reporting tools to conduct detailed analyses
- Developing and reviewing content for knowledge management platforms
- Researching and developing new projects, systems, and technologies
- Updating of web pages, blogs, and media platforms
- Gaining exposure to systems administration and maintenance
- Troubleshooting and support of current technologies and systems
- Flexible work schedule given potential deadlines
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Currently in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree with a graduation date between December 1, 2018-June 30, 2021 or Master’s degree with a graduation date between December 1, 2018– June 30, 2019
- Strong academic performance (3.0 or better cumulative GPA required, 3.2 or better preferred)
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- Applicants for this position must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa by the employer.
- Preferred majors include:
- Computer Science
- Management Information Systems
- Information Systems/Technology
- Business Analytics
- Other related degree
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-starter with drive to add value
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in MS Office
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.