Palm Springs Public Library, 217 Cypress Lane, Palm Springs, FL 33461
Are you looking for a quality internship opportunity that provides a range of experiences for a future career in different information science fields? Are you self-motivated, punctual, and creative? The Village of Palm Springs is a small yet growing municipality in the middle of the multicultural and populous Palm Beach County. The library functions as a department of the Village of Palm Springs.
Opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in planning curriculum for “YOUmedia lab”.
- Design a learning lab that will serve as a “Transformative Space for Teens”.
- Educate, direct and facilitate instruction in a connected learning environment.
- Acquire technology and information science professional development.
- Practice marketing, community relations, and graphic design skills.
- Utilize interpersonal and communication skills across variety of formats.
- Help promote digital inclusion and make a positive life-long impact in the lives of diverse teens of a lower-income South Florida community.
- Gain rudimentary knowledge about the variety of responsibilities departments of small local governments handle such as: processing, cataloging, purchasing, customer service, computer assistance, community engagement, building management, leadership, and local politics.
Running a “YOUmedia lab” program for teens and tweens May – July. Most of the instructional classes will be scheduled for June and first two weeks of July as part of the Summer Library Program: “Libraries Rock!”. Equipment you will utilize in studio:
- Four creative computers (mac) equipped with Adobe Creative Suite
- Four USB 1 TB Hard-Drives, magic mouse, computer cover
- One Digital Camera; Three IPads with Boxes; One Wacom Tablet
- One 61 Key Keyboard; Three 25 Key Keyboards; One Guitar; One USB Mic
- One Spark Education Pack; One Little Bits Synth Kit; One Little Bits Code Kit
- One Hands On Stem Learning Kit; One Gizmos and Gadgets; One Printer
Assist in keeping Marketing/ Publicity up to date and promotion of library services. Knowledge of following is required: Publisher, web content management system(s), photo editing, and social media platforms.
Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Suvi Manner, Director, Palm Springs Public Library, 217 Cypress Lane, Palm Springs, FL 33461