Employer: Knowledge Services, temporary agency for Department of Children and Families (DCF)
Contact at Department of Children and Families:
Abigail Phelps, email@example.com 850-329-9867 or cell 850-510-0826
Position: part time/paid-internship
About: Fostering Success is a joint effort between the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS), Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF), and Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission with the purpose of providing young adults, who are either currently or were formerly in the foster care system, with an opportunity gain professional work experience in a supportive environment. The participants are given an OPS position in FDACS or FWC during which they gain work experience and skills that will help them be successful in any career or professional work environment.
This part time internship will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
- Assist Program Director on tasks as needed
- Assist in coordinating monthly training workshops
- Motivating youth to participate in program activities
- Developing various metrics to track the daily/weekly/monthly success of the program
- Developing marketing materials such as program brochures, flyers, pamphlets, etc.
- Creating monthly newsletters about the program to send to the community
- Creates and/or disseminates information about the program using various methods such as the website, emails, flyers, newsletters and bulletin boards.
- Create original content for use in press releases, media advisories, social media, talking points, fact sheets, reports, newsletters, and websites.
- Ensures active Excel and Google spreadsheets on youth are up-to-date
- Attend events as requested to take photos and generate newsletter material
- Critical thinker
- Confident communicating with others in a professional manner on the phone, via email, and in person
- Can demonstrate computer skills with proficiency
- Working knowledge of Publisher
- Able to work independently and with others
- Dependable, flexible and able to maintain confidentiality
- Highly relational and works well as a member of a team
- Ability to read and interpret documents and procedure manuals.
The Ideal Candidate is: One who has proficient knowledge in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Excel, and WordPress.
Educational and Technical Requirements:
- High School diploma
- Enrolled in a post-secondary institution
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Car registration and vehicle insurance for providing transportation for individuals receiving services
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
To apply submit the following by November 14th 2017:
- Cover Letter
- Two writing samples (press release, social media posts, flyer, brochure, etc.)
- Two references
Hours: 20 hours a week until June 30th 2017, flexible time schedule to meet the needs of the youth and program
Compensation: $12.00 per hour and mileage per F.S. 112.061
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Must be able to sit for extended periods, but also have the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, bend, walk, carry, and reach while filing, picking up and delivering boxes and performing other duties. Lifting is typically limited to no more than 25 pounds. Position includes extensive wrist and hand movements related to computer keyboard work. Must be mobile and have reliable transportation.