Florida Library Association (FLA)
The Florida Library Association (FLA), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is looking for an intern to help build our brand within our social media platforms. We use these accounts to promote, advocate and inform about state and national library issues. We also need assistance with our annual membership recruitment and retention campaign.
- Work with the Marketing, Membership and Conference Planning Committees to manage social media for updates, posts, promotions, events, etc.
- Build a media buzz around a new advocacy initiative, upcoming spring annual conference and other events/issues as necessary
- Work with the Website Taskforce to create an eye-catching, informative and cohesive website
- Develop and implement a membership recruitment and retention marketing campaign
Other Possible Tasks
- Help with various conference planning projects
- Fluent in Social Media platforms to include, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and Flickr
- Knowledge of website design. HTML coding is not required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. Ability to collaborate with FLA staff verbally and in writing
- Can work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a small-office environment
- Can create and edit visual media
- Has personal technology and internet access
Start Date: Monday, August 28th or as soon as possible after start date
Hours: Flexible, based on your schedule. Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Location: The Florida Library Association, 541 E. Tennessee St. Suite 103, Tallahassee, FL 32308
Compensation: You will receive class credit upon satisfactory completion of internship
If you are interested in this internship please send a resume and cover letter via email to: