The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for promoting the Board and Chancellor’s key messages via various social media platforms; identifying and recommending to the director new social media platforms or strategies to proactively push out messages; reaching out to media and other audiences and cultivate an accessible, approachable web presence. This is an established internship program in which the coordinator reports to the Director of Communications to ensure coordinated messaging efforts. Commitment is 15-20 hours per week between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Often, previous interns have continued the position for multiple semesters.
Job duties include:
* Social Media Plan: Create a weekly social media plan to promote State University System news, including a weekly Did U Know and Think Florida feature. Audience: elected leaders, universities, students, media
* Facebook: Provide a behind-the-scenes glimpse into the work of the Board of Governors– including messages from the Chancellor and individual Board members, promote and showcase events, curate State University System photo albums. Audience: elected leaders, universities, students.
* Think-Florida Page: Keep the Think Florida: A Higher Degree for Business page updated with fresh events and news clips.
* Daily clips: Collect and distribute daily news clips about the State University System, Board of Governors and other pertinent higher education issues.
* Rotating homepage stories: Find interesting campus or research news, including photos, from each university for the monthly rotating homepage feature.
* Video and Graphics: Edit video and create graphics, as needed.
* Full time student with background in marketing and/or communications;
* Available to work each weekday morning (exact timing is flexible);
* Excellent writing skills;
* At least one previous internship in public relations or marketing;
* Experience with Adobe Suite, Movie Maker, and other creative software.
Incoming junior, senior or graduate student.
How to Apply:
Submit resume, available work hours, and copy of current class schedule to email@example.com or fax before the deadline. Applicants selected for interview may be required to submit additional information.
$10 per hour
This position requires pre-employment background screening.
Close Date: 0000-00-00
Ref #: 0001
For questions regarding current vacancies, please contact Human Resources and Administrative Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources and Administrative Services
Board of Governors
325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1626
Tallahassee, Fl 32399-0400