The Florida Housing Coalition Inc. is a statewide nonprofit, comprised mostly of professionals with Masters in Urban Planning degrees, whose mission is to bring together housing advocates and resources so that everyone has a quality affordable home and suitable living environment.
The Florida Housing Coalition is seeking a Social Media intern who will work with our staff to develop a social media blueprint for the Coalition. This is an excellent opportunity to earn Academic Credit and gain valuable knowledge. As the Coalition’s Social Media intern, you will bring an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- BA/BS candidate, preferably in Communications
- Prefers challenging, fast-paced and unstructured work environments
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of content marketing and social media marketing
- Previous experience with online marketing (PPC, SEO, and social media) a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word Excel, and Powerpoint
A genuine interest in Affordable Housing and/or related social issues is a bonus as you may be asked to:
· Plan and execute social media campaign to support an event
· Post events across multiple platforms
· Network events for promotion through sponsors and member businesses
· Build and grow our social networks and followers
· Increase engagement online
· Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts
· Source and produce engaging content to ensure that social media channels are up to date, smart, relevant and engaging
This internship requires a candidate with excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and is a versatile self-starter–willing and able to take on multiple roles. A successful applicant should have excellent organizational, planning and time management skills, an attention to detail, problem-solving skills.
· Students can earn academic credit for this internship
· This internship is offered during the fall semester
· Undergraduate or Graduate level student
· Major in Communications
· G.P.A. – 2.5 minimum