Please send an email to email@example.com with your resume if interested.
North Florida Women’s Care
Clinical Application Support Specialist needed for large OB/GYN medical practice with practice management system and electronic medical record system. This individual must have applicable technical knowledge with regards to supporting software applications utilizing SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows 7. Basic desktop support experience is required. Individual must be a self-starter, work with minimal supervision, adapt to constant change, and manage the expectations of multiple administrators and physicians. Individual must be very organized, disciplined, and mature in handling unpredictable technical issues. This individual should have excellent communication, time, and client management skills. Individual must be able to prioritize tasks and make decisions within established guidelines and policies and ensure that the demands are met.
• Maintain the operation and safeguard the data of the Electronic Medical Records system.
• Devise new methods of process workflow in coordination with applicable staff with the EMR system to improve efficiency and patient experience.
• Perform basic Active Directory tasks, including creating new user accounts, new Exchange mailboxes, manage computer accounts, and manipulate Group Policy Objects.
• Provide direct, routine technical advice/support, troubleshooting assistance, problem resolution, and responses to inquiries from staff for PCs (both laptops and desktops), printers, PC/server applications, mobile devices, telephones, and remote access.
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
• Research questions using available information resources.
• Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
• Install software, configure, and set up PCs; install and set up printers and telephones as necessary.
• Install replacement components including motherboards, hard drives/solid state drives, and memory.
• Coordinate specific systems-related office needs with the administrators or supervisors; participate in network updates (this may require work be periodically done during non-standard hours for network maintenance and support).
• Schedule and communicate all system changes and downtime within the office.
• Maintain systems documentation.
• Stay current with system information, changes, and updates.
• Perform occasional on-call duties that extend after business hours.
• Work 40 hours per week.
Associates or higher degree in an IT or Health Information Systems related field plus 1 year of desktop support experience; or 3-5 years of experience in IT or Healthcare as a desktop support engineer with application support fundamentals.
• Prefer knowledge and experience working with GE Centricity.
• Prefer knowledge of basic medical terminology and health information technology principles.
• Prefer knowledge of HIPAA standards.
• Experience working in a healthcare organization is highly desired.
• Experience troubleshooting Windows 7 operating systems.
• Experience navigating and using Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, SQL 2008 R2, and SQL 2012.
•Basic knowledge of enterprise remote access solutions.
•Ability to communicate in a pleasant and effective manner with physicians, administrators, and staff, verbally and in writing, required.
•Exceptional customer service and troubleshooting skills, problem solving, and follow-up skills are required.
•Excellent interpersonal skills required. Must be a team player.
•Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and support new technologies.
•Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision.
Base Pay $15.00 – $20.00 /Hour
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type Information Technology