- Determine and manage the College’s marketing and communications strategy as it relates to the Institutes overall brand strategy.
- Develop and supervise the implementation of all public relations and/or advertising initiatives for the College.
- Manage and oversee governance of College’s marketing and communication strategies across multiple areas of the College marketing channels.
- Work closely with Institute Communications to engage, cultivate and manage press and external relations to gain coverage of the College’s projects, programs, special events, and announcements.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the marketing and communcations function including budgeting, planning and staff management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work Experience: Five to seven years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires skills in writing, editing, copywriting; project and functional management. Working knowledge of production processes related to print and electronic media. Advanced knowledge of communications and marketing theory, principles and practices is also required. Skills in organization, communications, and staff supervision as is use of office and specialized computer applications.
- Preferred Education: MBA
- Preferred Work Experience: Higher Education experience is preferred.
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Advanced technology and management skills are preferred.
Additional Information: N/A
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a regular basis with: Faculty, staff, student, vendors, external audiences. This position typically will advise and counsel: Unit leadership, faculty, staff, students, external audiences. This position will supervise: All college or department communications and marketing staff.
The College of Business adds unique breadth and depth to the campus by providing an integrated view of business and technology. Our culture is inquisitive, analytical, straightforward, open, collaborative and we are passionate about our work. With approximately 2,000 students and 178 faculty and staff, the Scheller College offers endless career enhancement opportunities for motivated employees.
: Communications and Marketing
: Scheller College of Business
: Jun 28, 2017, 10:30:24 AM