Position Title: Database Manager
Department: Seminole Boosters, Athletic Foundation for Florida State University
Reports To: Sr. Vice President
Supervises: IT assistant for web and hardware and Assistant for Data analysis
The Database Manager is responsible overall database and reporting needs of Seminole Boosters, Inc., the fundraising arm of Florida State Athletics. The successful candidate will serve as a representative for the Seminole Boosters on various University Advancement database initiatives and assist the Athletic Ticket Office with their data needs. Those responsibilities include the fulfillment of data and report requests, providing end user support, investigating and resolving application, transactional and data-related issues of Blackbaud’s CRM fundraising system, Paciolan ticketing and Salesforce systems. The manager will also advise Seminole Boosters on
various trends in technology.
• Provides overall program support for Blackbaud’s CRM, Paciolan and Salesforce applications
• Manage, produce or support the production of standard and custom reports
• Manage, fulfill data requests for mailing lists, donor rolls, demographic and giving analyses
• Participates as a member of the FSU Advancement Data Integrity Committee (FADIC)
• Provides data manipulation and reporting assistance to other departments as needed.
• Facilitates the resolution of technical application issues.
• Tests, evaluates and reports on CRM, Paciolan and Salesforce application upgrades.
• Assists with the development of audit reports in support of data management integrity.
• Designs, creates and maintains application and business process related documentation.
• Provides appropriate service, support and advice to end users regarding technical and application issues.
• Provides advice, guidance and training to users of CRM concerning the capabilities and functions of the system.
• Assists with other duties as assigned.
• Protects confidential information.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Experience utilizing T-SQL required
• Experience utilizing report design software or SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Minimum of 3 years of providing implementation and technical support of Raiser’s Edge software in a philanthropic or higher educational environment or Paciolan ticketing system.
• Demonstrated experience with developing and implementing reporting vehicles and using the Raiser’s Edge Query, Export, and Import utilities to create complex queries to extract and/or load constituent and gift data.
• Demonstrated experience with the import and export capabilities of the Paciolan ticket system.
• Proven history of utilizing Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access to import, export, query and report on data.
• Understanding of standard IT policies and procedures, including usage of test environments and change procedures.
• Working knowledge of relational database architectures preferred.
• Strong knowledge of higher education fundraising principles and or ticket operations.
• Strong aptitude for diagnosing end user problems, identifying and implementing solutions.
Physical and Mental Requirements
• Ability to evaluate and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
• Propensity for strong, internal customer service delivery and a proactive approach to user efficiency.
• Excel at uncovering hidden trends in a volume of data.
• Detail oriented and organized with an ability to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated history of functioning independently while working well in a ‘team oriented” environment, taking the initiative to be productive and efficient
• Ability to effectively communicate with users of diverse backgrounds and skill levels
• Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
• Involves sitting, walking, stooping or standing for frequent or brief periods of time
• Bend body downward and forward by bending legs and spine, so as to crouch or stoop.
• Extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
• Seize, hold, grasp, turn or otherwise work with hands.
• Pick, pinch or otherwise work primarily with fingers.
• Express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
• Perceive the nature of sounds, receive detailed information through oral communication, make discriminations in sounds
• Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
• Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are.
• Adjustment of lens of eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
• Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
• Observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the right or left while eyes are fixed on a given point.
The individual in this position will encounter a work environment as described below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• General office environment
• Lighting is adequate
• Temperature is regulated and moderate
• Low likelihood of unavoidable hazardous conditions
• Moderate noise
• Moderate dust
• Standard technology and office equipment accessible
Commensurate with experience
Please send your resume to Amy Hanstein at Ahanstein@admin.fsu.edu
Please include your resume and references.
Seminole Boosters, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on gender, age, race or religious affiliation.