The position is 15 to 29 hours a week with a flexible schedule and pays $12 an hour. This position is in the Project and Portfolio Management Office (PPMO) and we interact with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services 15 divisions to approve and provide oversite of all the agencies applications and IT infrastructure projects. We currently have over 200 custom applications in house. Not all of the below are necessary as the goal for an intern is to gain experience. Someone who has good business sense is fine and I can teach the IT part.
– Skills and experiences in conducting meetings with individuals and groups of people to discuss business processes. The people involved may be at the manager level or the field staff level. People may be business-oriented or technical (IT) staff.
– Good verbal/communication skills.
– Good writing skills.
– Good technical writing skills.
– Ability to do research on IT trends and provide an analysis or requirements in relation to industry best practices.
– Skills and experiences in deriving business process and data requirements from the reading and analyzing of statutes, administrative rules, policies and procedures, user manuals and other forms of written materials.
– Skills and experiences in translating the information from meetings and written materials into process models and/or process flow models. While not required, experience in the use of Microsoft Visio for creating the process model diagrams is helpful.
For additional info and to apply please contact Bud Taylor:
(850) 245-1095 Office