Department: Advancement Services – Seminole Boosters, Inc.
Reports To: Director of Advancement Services
The Web Application Specialist will be responsible for the development, configuration, maintenance, and administration of Seminole Boosters’ public website in support of fundraising and revenue generation efforts. The Seminole Booster’s website is part of the University’s alumni/donor online community and is a collaborative effort among major FSU stakeholders including the Seminole Boosters, FSU Foundation, Alumni Association, and the Ringling Museum. The website and online community are developed using third party CMS platforms.
• Oversee design of email templates including HTML presentation, tracking codes and overall quality assurance.
• Apply marketing best practices for email, email preferences, database management, deliverability, IP reputation, browser/client compatibility, subject lines, and CAN-SPAM compliance.
• Design and maintain all online giving forms in concert with Gift Processing department to ensure accurate and efficient flow-through to back office reconciliation.
• Develop, test, maintain, support and administer the Seminole Boosters’ website with a strong emphasis on supporting marketing/sales efforts throughout website navigation and creating a positive experience for the customer with ease of transactions.
• Develop and document guidelines, standards, and templates for use within vendor CMS, and monitor adherence to all University Advancement guidelines and protocol
• Participate with all University Advancement community member organizations in the implementation and/or use of guidelines, standards, and templates, and attend periodic user group meetings to share knowledge and address emerging needs.
• Assist in designing responsive web templates and pages that render well on both desktop computers as well as tablets and mobile devices
• Provide end user application support
• Assists the Seminole Boosters Information Services Department with other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; commensurate experience will be considered in lieu of education
• Minimum of 2 years relevant experience required
• Strong aptitude for diagnosing end user problems, identifying and implementing solutions required
• Experience with Bootstrap required
• Experience with Drupal, WordPress or other CMS preferred
• Experience gathering business requirements for web design preferred
• Knowledge of Blackbaud Internet Solutions (BBIS) preferred
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to evaluate and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of existing operations.
• Propensity for strong customer service and a proactive approach to user efficiency.
• Detail oriented and organized with an ability to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated history of functioning independently while working well in a ‘team oriented” environment, taking the initiative to be productive and efficient
• Ability to effectively communicate with users of diverse backgrounds and skill levels
Email: Jason Liskooka
Seminole Boosters, Inc.