TABS Analytics, a growing marketing research and consulting company in the Consumer Products industry, is looking for a highly skilled market research analyst. This position will entail a high degree of data processing, report generation and quantitative analysis of retail sales and consumer survey data.
General: Manage one or more client consumer product databases for TABS Group clients.
- Maintain the Master Item Files (MIF’s) for these categories. This includes the following elements:
- Validate item-level descriptions for products in these Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) categories.
- Ensure proper coding of the items/UPC’s in these categories on the following attributes: Manufacturer (MFR), BRAND, SUBBRAND, CATEGORY, SEGMENT, TYPE, FORM1, FORM2, SUBTYPE, BENEFIT, USER, PACKSIZE1, and others. These attributes will be explained in more detail once you start.
- Maintain the master instructions file that document proper coding rules in this database.
- Audit retail stores to identify new product trends in the market that have database coding implications.
- Process monthly QuickTABS files. These files combine raw sales data from retailers with the attribute information in the MIF.
- Suggest improvements in the database structure or characteristics being coded to the client consultants on these businesses.
- Develop an extremely high level of Excel expertise to include: Pivot Table Creation, function creation, keystroke navigation around a spreadsheet (as opposed to being mouse-dependent), ASAP Utilities utilization and Control-Key expertise.
- Download raw sales data files from syndicated data sources like IRI or Nielsen.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree
- Proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office application
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience with Nielsen and/or IRI data preferred
For further information or to submit your application please contact:
Vice President, Marketing
2 Corporate Drive | Suite 254 | Shelton, CT 06484
office (203) 446-8837 | mobile (203) 492-9000