Job ID: 34305
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Apply On Or Before: 06/25/2012
Department: University Communications
A Master’s degree in a relevant area and six years relevant experience; or a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area and eight years relevant experience.
* Evidence of mature news judgment, with a proven track record of identifying and creatively placing news of interest to a variety of media including general interest publications, broadcast, trade press and popular culture.
* Established excellent contacts with members of the regional and national media (print and broadcast).
* Extensive experience and demonstrated journalism expertise related to various disciplines and/or subject matter.
* Knowledge of integrated marketing and communication strategy.
* Experience creating strategic plans in media relations and successfully implementing and managing related activities and staff in a complex organizational environment.
* Experience in managing a variety of writers, editors, technologies and resources.
* Established experience in crisis communications.
Background Check Requirements
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check.
This position requires compliance with University confidentiality policies.
A Master’s degree in mass communications, journalism, or other related field and six years of experience related to the responsibilities of the position.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for University Relations, the Director of News and Communications is responsible for the development, implementation and management of the university’s comprehensive multi-platform media relations and news communications strategy in support of the integrated marketing and communications plan for the institution, with the goal of raising Florida State University’s regional, national and global presence in a dynamic, innovative environment.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific vacancy as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include work history and all education details (if applicable) even if attaching a resume.
The position is open until filled. In order to receive full consideration, applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and a minimum of five references including telephone and contact information no later than July 1, 2012. Materials must be submitted through http://www.jobs.fsu.edu
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action Employer