Job ID – 41632
Location – Tallahassee, FL
Department – Information Technology Services
This is a support position in the Information Technology Services (ITS) Service Desk. The ITS Service Desk is FSU’s centralized support for IT Services for providing general information, for supporting the FSU ticketing system, and for the IT work order system and Directory assistance overflow. The Service Desk is currently looking for students who can make a minimum one-year commitment to work in a team-oriented environment. All majors are encouraged to apply, but majors relating to Information Technology and Computer Science are preferred. Applicants will be evaluated based on their customer service focus and ability to perform creative troubleshooting.
• Providing support in a call center environment
• Providing timely and effective customer service and resolution at first contact
• Translating customer needs while ensuring accurate completion of all requests
• Providing general information and customer assistance
• Technical troubleshooting for the full Information Technology Services suite
• Directory Assistance
• Resetting passwords
• Account management and troubleshooting
• Performing other duties and special projects, as requested
• Must have at least one year of customer service experience
• Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Must have the ability to read and follow directions
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic
• Must have the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users
• Must have a basic understanding of computer hardware and software
• Must have experience using the Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience providing customer service over the phone strongly preferred
• Experience with various operating systems, including but not limited to Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android OS
• Experience communicating through email or through an online ticketing system
Anticipated Salary Range
Pay is fixed at $10 per hour.
This is an OPS/temporary Job.
Our operating hours are from 8am to 6pm, Monday through Friday. Selected candidates must be available to work at least 20 hours per week during operating hours. Hours may vary.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Open until filled
This position is being advertised as open until filled.
Affordable Care Act
OPS employees are covered under the Affordable Care Act. OPS employees that meet certain criteria will be offered affordable health care coverage. For more information, please visit the following website regarding the Affordable Care Act, http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=benefits/insurance/insurance_home&ops=1.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
Equal Employment Opportunity