Title: Applications Specialist – ERP
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Reports To: Applications Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Clayton Tew
The Applications Specialist’s role is to assist the Applications Manager in supporting the ERP software and database systems for Danfoss Turbocor Compressors Inc. This individual will be responsible for installing, performing maintenance, troubleshooting, etc. the ERP software system, and backing up the Applications Manager in his responsibilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a backup to the Applications Manager in issues regarding customer support when they are unavailable.
- Be available to provide phone and face to face support on a timely basis both during regular work hours, and before and / or after work hours, as required.
- Provide installation and customer support for WinMagi. This can include troubleshooting installations, connectivity, and printing issues.
- Coordinate with the Applications Manager for project requirements gathering, meeting with end-users regarding functional or other issues, and performing regular maintenance on WinMagi and its databases.
- Provide after-hours maintenance and support for WinMagi and the WinMagi Server, as required.
- Respond to customers in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Remain current with evolving technologies within the realm of position responsibility.
- Be prepared to assist with any other IT related projects or activities, as requested.
- Other duties, as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Familiarity with the use of PC desktop and notebook technologies.
Familiarity with commonly used applications (Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat).
Experience with relational databases and enterprise level software support.
Programming experience and / or training.
Familiarity with WinMagi a plus.
Ability to analyze and solve problems.
Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing and expanding work environment.
Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Ability to communicate clearly, both in person and over the telephone.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Customer service orientation.
Highly motivated self-starter.
Attention to detail.
Working availability of 40 hours each week, Monday thru Friday.
Sitting for extended periods of time working on a computer.
Occasionally lifting and transporting heavy objects of up to 50 lbs, such as computers and peripherals.
Associates Degree, appropriate IT Certifications, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
1-2 years experience in database support and or other software support.
1-2 years programming experience is preferred.
1-2 years experience working with relational databases is preferred.
Experience working in a help desk environment is preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend standard hardware and software instructions, other simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to other employees in the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time; use hands and fingers, handle and feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear, both in person and with phone equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment may occasionally be low to moderate.