Leads, coordinates and supports the collection and management of licensed electronic resources for the Zayed University Library and Learning Commons. Support operation of all library public service activities. May serve as back up to library supervisor.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the acquisitions process for serials and electronic resources, particularly experience negotiating electronic resource and e-journal licenses.
- Able to operate in a team environment. Positive and pleasant when dealing with clients in the library and classrooms.
- Effectiveness in formal and informal teaching.
- Actively participates in campus life and with other libraries and professional associations. Contributes to the profession.
- Manage electronic resources through close collaboration with acquisitions personnel and serve as a resource person for library staff on issues related to electronic resources workflow.
- Develop assessment program for data related to electronic resources and coordinate with the Library’s new Assessment Committee. Organize, analyze and interpret usage data and assist selectors with the interpretation of the data.
- Works with one or more colleges or programs on collection development and the integration of information literacy into their majors. Collaborates with faculty on their research.
- Promotes the use of library resources to the university community.
Assists in the development and maintenance of subject guides, user aids and the library web site.
Participates in planning library initiatives. Assesses and provides feedback on effectiveness of library programs.
Serves on teams and committees in the library and university.
Participates in professional development activities.
Degree of Independence/ Complexity of Environment
- Develops the electronic resources collection and program and participates in all phases of its implementation.
- Maintains an up-to-date awareness of the latest electronic information sources available and communicates these to faculty, staff and students.
Contacts/Impact of Interaction
- Regular interaction with students, faculty and staff in an instructional role
- Liaises with academic departments on campus to assure there are adequate electronic resources to support the curriculum within these departments.
- Works closely with university administrators in the implementation of library programs.
- Deals with faculty, students and staff in the library and on campus.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- M.L.S. from an accredited ALA institution or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an American or western style higher education institution
- Strong information technology skills
- Skill with a range of desktop software applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of the complex, ever changing electronic publishing environment and scholarly communication issues
- Social media development skills desirable
- Fluency English required. Fluency in Arabic desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Committed to user-centered public services
- Team player. Ability to work effectively in a collaborative organization
- Relates well to faculty, students and staff
- Self-starter who is able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Flexible and energetic
- Service-oriented, friendly, efficient and patient
- Good coaching skills
- Ability to work with others in a pleasant and open manner
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries and housing allowance.
Please complete the online application and attach a letter of application and a current CV. http://www.zu.ac.ae/main/en/_careers/index.aspx