The University Libraries invites applications and nominations for the position of Head of Collection Services and tenure-track Associate Professor or Professor.
Reporting to the Dean of Libraries, the Head of Collection Services provides leadership and oversight to the University Libraries’ services related to collection development and management, cataloging, institutional repository services, and discovery services. The department head is a member of the Dean’s Advisory Council and collaborates with senior leadership regarding the strategic direction of the department and the University Libraries. The position is a fiscal year (12 month), tenuretrack appointment, and the salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• Oversees and provides leadership to the department’s functional areas of acquisitions and budgeting; cataloging and metadata management; collection development; discovery services; and institutional repository services.
• Supervises four faculty who are responsible for the department’s functional areas.
• Oversees the development and implementation of all departmental policies, goals, and strategic initiatives.
• Prepares educational resources (materials) budget reports for the Dean of Libraries, Collection Development Committee, ACRL, etc. as requested.
• Facilitates and supports collection-related projects and initiatives across library units to meet the teaching and research needs of students, faculty, and staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Interested? View the full job listing here.