The Part-Time Research Librarian is responsible, through the application of established policies and procedures, for providing effective reference and research services primarily on weekends, Saturday (11 am – 6 pm) and Sunday (2 pm – 10 pm) when classes are in session, but also, on occasion, mutually agreed upon on-call shifts at other times.
- Answers questions and assists with research in person, by telephone, by text, and by email
- Assists library users in the use of print and on line resources and in locating material
- Responds to routine problems library users may encounter with computers, printers, copiers, and micro-format machines when information desk staff cannot respond adequately to the user
- Retrieves materials from special (locked) collections such as the University Archives, Treasure Collection, Stetson Collection, etc.
- Serves as back-up for the evening and weekend circulation supervisors
- Maintains currency regarding reference, research, and database sources
- Indexes the papers from the E. Clay Shaw Collection; indexes and prepares archival and special collections materials for access as needed
- Assists research staff with collection maintenance and collection development projects such as weeding, evaluating, and recommending materials for purchase
- Creates and updates library subject guides for general research and library help
- Performs other position specific functions as assigned
Minimum Education: Master’s degree
For additional information please visit: https://stetson-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobInfo&version=1&jobid=267