Company: CareerSource Florida
Contact Person: Christine Daye
Application Deadline: September 25, 2015
CareerSource Florida is seeking a Communications Specialist responsible for executing priorities of the CareerSource Florida Business and Workforce Development Unit in support of a two-year project funded through the USDOL Sector Partnership National Emergency Grant Program. This grant initiative complements the goals of CareerSource Florida to build a more integrated and comprehensive workforce system through sector partnerships and strategies in the health care and advanced manufacturing industries, aimed at enhanced career services, training and work-based training models for dislocated and incumbent workers.
This position coordinates with the Communications Director and Business and Workforce Development unit to fulfill requests for communications support and, upon approval, engages vendors when necessary. The position supports the CareerSource Florida network’s brand management and adherence with brand standards.
This is a temporary two-year grant funded position. The position is eligible to receive CareerSource Florida’s full benefits package.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports Business and Workforce Development Unit’s external communications needs including recommending, developing, producing and gathering materials such as PowerPoints, printed outreach materials, talking points, etc., for meetings, conferences, trade shows and other external events and activities as needed with approval of Communications Director and/or team lead(s).
- Researches information, develops and assists with internal and external messaging as needed, including news releases, newsletters, award nominations, etc.
- Participates in meetings with Business and Workforce Development Unit and serves as liaison with communications team to discuss the status of projects and assignments.
- Makes recommendations on effective social media strategies and works with communications team to implement.
- Re-prioritizes work, as needed, to ensure communications requests are completed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A minimum of one year of professional or corporate communications, marketing or public relations experience with examples of work product.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience in use of social media and email marketing/newsletter software for strategic outreach.
- Knowledge of workforce and economic development preferred.
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies, customer relationship management software (Salesforce.com) and LinkedIn preferred.
- Proficient organizational skills with the ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
EDUCATION OR CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field.
$35,000 – $40,000
How to Apply
Submit resumes and letters of interest to email@example.com
CareerSource Florida is subject to the Public Records Law, Chapter 119 of the Florida Statutes and the Sunshine Law, Chapter 286 of the Florida Statutes. Applicant submissions could potentially be subjected to public disclosure.
CareerSource Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer