Full Time-Paid Position
Location: Jacksonville, FL
– Apply online at (www.floridablue.com/careers) under Job Number 6486.
– Any interested candidates will need to visit the website, create a profile, and submit an application for consideration.
Network and Competitive Analytics is dedicated to providing exceptional financial analysis in support of network performance and contracting strategies. Our goal is to continue advancing our analytical capabilities, decision-support, and provider intelligence while working collaboratively with Network Management, Network Operations, Care Management and our provider communities to ensure we maintain a cost-effective, high-performing network of hospitals, physicians, and ancillaries.
The successful Analytics Intern will be responsible but not limited to the following job duties:
* Analyze medical claims data using analytical tools and techniques
* Modify and create Excel-based models that are used to evaluate historical trends and forecasts
* Perform data extracts using SQL and/or SAS, modify existing extracts as necessary
* Expand knowledge of healthcare industry
* Moderate to heavy keying required
*Pursuing Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree at an accredited college or university
*Coursework that demonstrates analytical abilities and interest, as well as critical thinking
* Professional or academic experience working with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Excel skills (ability to create and use spreadsheets and formulas)
* 3.0 GPA or higher
Applicable (Undergraduate and Graduate)Majors: