THE FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY
DIVISION OF UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES
Academic Center for Excellence
GRADUATE ASSISTANT ACADEMIC CENTER FOR EXCELLENCE – ACE LEARNING STUDIO
ACADEMIC CENTER FOR EXCELLENCE (ACE)
ACE is a university learning center whose mission is to help the diverse population of undergraduate students at Florida State University develop the study skills and personal success habits that enhance learning and encourage the highest level of scholarship and academic achievement. We are committed to working with the university community to promote a culture of academic success, with the shared mission of helping students earn a college degree and develop effective lifelong learning skills.
For more information about the ACE, please visit: http://ace.fsu.edu/.
ACE graduate assistants assist in the day-to-day operations of our learning center, including but not limited to, supervising undergraduate peer tutors and other student employees, providing excellent customer service, and representing ACE at various events on campus. An awareness of the significant role that critical inquiry plays in the learning experience, including an appreciation of the learning process itself, is a requirement.
• Supervise six Peer-Assisted Study Session (PASS) Leaders (undergraduate students) and provide multiple modes of content delivery and facilitation, including implementation of new and varied activities to enhance supplemental instruction resources
• Facilitate goal setting and action steps with PASS Leaders as they create learning objectives for weekly study sessions
• Assist with training and evaluating PASS Leaders
• Compile and analyze PASS data
• Assist with the training, supervision, and evaluation of student employees, to include peer tutors and undergraduate student assistants
• Navigate and utilize the customer relationship management software used within ACE
• Represent ACE at campus events
• Provide ongoing security of the facilities and technology of the ACE Learning Studio
• Admitted in a FSU graduate program
• Ability to relate well to others, especially students and student groups
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Acute awareness of the confidential nature of information that will be accessed regularly, including FSU databases involving grade and enrollment files, and other sensitive data
• Available weeknights and weekends
For more information regarding this position, please contact Dr. Courtney Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org and 850-645-9361.
DIVISION OF UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES MISSION
It is the mission of the Division of Undergraduate Studies to assure that each undergraduate student at the
Florida State University receives a strong educational foundation on which to build a successful academic
program of studies. With this as our mission, the Division:
1. Supervises and monitors a number of state-wide and university-wide degree requirements.
2. Serves as the Academic Dean for most freshmen and sophomore students (exception–BFA and Music
students admitted directly into their degree-granting programs).
3. Coordinates advising for lower-division students in all non-BFA/Music programs.
4. Sponsors and directs programs designed to promote retention and academic excellence.
For further information on the FSU Division of Undergraduate Studies, please visit https://undergrad.fsu.edu/.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. FSU’s Equal Opportunity
Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.