Adams Radio Group Internship
Adams Radio Group is a cluster of radio stations in Tallahassee and the Official Flagship Station for the Seminole IMG Sports Network, including “Tallahassee’s Hit Music Station” Hot 104.9, “Fresh Country” 103.1 The Wolf, Tally 99.9, and Kool Oldies106.1.
The purpose of this internship is to give an undergraduate student a view into the world of radio broadcasting, as well as an introduction to the business side of radio. After interning with Adams Radio Group, the student will attain an understanding of sales presentations and technical aspects such as recording, mixing, editing, developing and executing promotions.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Interns will work with the Intern Coordinator on a daily basis to build successful sales presentations for advertisers. Interns will write and voice commercials, as well as develop exciting promotions for advertiser’s and clients.
- In the Production Department, interns will work with the Production Manager and learn how to record commercials into the system, voice a spot, and record clients.
- In the Traffic Department the intern will work with the Traffic Manager and learn how to input sales contract’s, give a commercial a cart number, and handle billing of clients. The intern will also help with office duties i.e. filing and answering the phone.
- During the fall Interns will also participate during Florida State Home Football Weekend, with events Friday Night’s 5p-10p and Saturday’s 4 hours before kickoff. Other weekends, interns must be available as needed for live broadcasts.
- Interns will report to the Intern Coordinator on a daily basis to develop their schedule.
Because this is an UNPAID internship, applicants must be currently attending college AND receive course credit for this internship. Available 10-15 credit hours. Any questions can be forwarded to Susan Jefferson, Intern Coordinator. She can be contacted via email at email@example.com or 850-386-8004.