Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Florida Institute of Technology seeks a highly motivated and service-oriented individual to join the Evans Library as a User Experience Librarian. The User Experience Librarian provides front-line service at the iDesk focusing on exceptionally attentive service, research and assignment help and technology instruction to students, faculty and staff in a welcoming, helpful environment. This is a full-time faculty position with scheduled hours Tuesday – Thursday 12-9 p.m. and Friday-Saturday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. New library school graduates encouraged to apply.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides excellent user experience at the iDesk through hands-on individualized assistance with instruction, research and technology ensuring seamless access to all Library resources.
- As a member of the iDesk team, supports student learning, academic programs, faculty teaching and research, and the objectives of Florida Tech.
- Manages dynamic course reserve shelves to maximize student access to curriculum-specific resources.
- Acts as the iDesk liaison to the Digital Scholarship Lab (DSL) assisting students with 3D printing, modeling software, and other DSL technology and related services.
- Manages the iDesk technology lending program through additions and deletions to the collection as well as overseeing overdue and damaged technology lending items.
- Supervises and coaches student employees at the iDesk to provide optimal patron experience and satisfaction.
- Keeps current with relevant and emerging library and scholarly research trends and practices.
- Represents Florida Tech as needed at regional and national conferences and meetings.
- Serves on Library and university committees.
Experience and Education:
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent with relevant library experience.
- Ability to assist university community members in a dynamic information and research environment answering a myriad of questions and engaging with users face-to-face.
- Proficiency in and ability to teach advanced and targeted search techniques.
- Experience and propensity for using and teaching maker equipment technology, digital fabrication and troubleshooting IT and technology lending issues.
- Excellent customer service skills and commitment to core tenets of librarianship.
- Professional communication skills, verbal and written, as a faculty representative of the Library.
- Ability to collaborate and innovate as a team member within the Library and across campus.
To apply for this position, send (1) a detailed cover letter addressing how your experience matches the qualifications, (2) a curriculum vitae, and (3) names and contact information, including email, mail, and phone number, of at least three references to Angela Taylor, Director, Enabling Infrastructure (email@example.com).