The Center for Teaching, Learning and Leadership is looking for an unpaid editorial intern to commit ten to twelve hours a week to assisting in writing and editing our weekly Around the Classroom newsletter. An ideal intern is looking to take this for class credit and can work at least three days a week.
About Around the Classroom
Around the Classroom is Tallahassee Community College’s weekly faculty and staff newsletter. Each
issue of Around the Classroom is distributed electronically every Friday. We tend to have 2-3 feature length stories in each issue. These stories highlight faculty, staff and campus achievements. Previous issues of the newsletter can be found at www.tcc.fl.edu/ctll.
Editorial Intern Duties & Responsibilities
The editorial intern will be responsible for assisting in providing content, working on design and layout and delivering a high-quality finished product. The intern will:
• Assist with Around the Classroom planning
• Pitch ideas for Around the Classroom
• Interview sources and write articles
• Assist with layout, design, or any other aspect of Around the Classroom
• Assist with final editing of Around the Classroom
• Serve as the assistant to the editor
A qualified intern will have:
• A passion for writing, journalism and PR
• Experience with original reporting and interviewing
• A flexible schedule and ability to meet deadlines
• Friday availability and reliable transportation
• Knowledge of AP style
• Knowledge of Microsoft Publisher
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign
• Knowledge of Photoshop
Interested students can send a resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 3rd.