The Business Research Librarian will work with the Library and Research Services team to provide business, industry and competitive intelligence research in support of attorneys and our Client Practice Group. This position will also support the legal research team as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist business librarians with creation of in-depth company and industry reports.
- Handle routine requests including executive biographies, basic company reports, litigation profiles, and conference attendee information.
- Create and monitor news alerts on clients, companies, topics, and trends using appropriate online resources to support attorneys and Business Managers.
- Assist with specific legal research requests and projects as assigned by business librarians, law librarians and/or Library Manager.
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of business and news information resources.
- Provide research on companies, industries, competitors, and individuals as requested by attorneys or members of CPD and synthesize this information into usable reports.
- Provide back-up to the legal reference desk rotation, responding to requests from attorneys and staff on behalf of the department.
- Maintain research statistics for the business research team.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as requested by the Library Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science
- One to two years in a law firm or corporate library
- Candidates must illustrate excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are required
- Attention to detail, strong organization and time management skills
- Computer skills with knowledge of and proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook are required
- Familiarity with online news, business, legal and industry resources
For more information and to apply please visit: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=23d2827d-a48a-4f03-9be3-4e80b56a4770&jobId=236768&lang=en_US&source=CC3