Audubon Florida is looking for a PR/Communications Intern to join our team for the spring 2019 semester. The internship will be located in our downtown Tallahassee office and is a college credit internship (unpaid). The internship may expand into the summer 2019 semester based on performance, availability, and interest. We want someone who can commit to about 15 hours, weekly and we’re flexible around class schedules. Ideally, the intern can be able to commit to 4-hour shifts at least three times a week.
Under the supervision of the communications director, interns can expect to learn about conservation policy, protecting Florida’s nature resources, grassroots advocacy and fundraising, and managing communications in a fast-paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity for students interested in PR/Communications.
- Manage specific communications-projects including: launching a new website, increasing social media following, and driving specific grassroots advocacy/fundraising campaigns.
- Create, edit, and post social media content (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram) content, including using tools like HootSuite
- Update website
- Draft press releases
- Proofread and edit content from various programs
- Ability to work well with diverse audiences
- Ability to work well in a decentralized workplace
- Monitor and report on mentions of Audubon Florida in the media
- Assist the Florida team in various operational tasks (we won’t ask you to pick up coffee or run copies, but expect to have some basic operational tasks all team members are expected to perform)
Ideally, interested candidates should be excellent storytellers who have a positive, can-do attitude. The internship is well suited for college juniors, college seniors, and graduate students studying communications, public relations, public policy, and/or environmental policy. Candidates should have a fundamental understanding of public relations, but they don’t need to be experts.
Audubon embraces and celebrates diversity. Applicants of all backgrounds and walks of life are encouraged to apply!
How to Apply:
Send Sean Cooley your resume, one writing sample, and a cover note to email@example.com.