Interested in Public Service? Have graphic design skills?
FDLE needs an OPS* designer!
Laying out textbooks and other publications; Creating graphics for instructional materials
(1) A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and three years of professional or technical experience in areas such as training, teaching, staff development,
research, evaluation, personnel, or criminal justice; or (2) A master’s degree from an accredited college or university and two years of professional or technical experience
as described above; or (3) A juris doctorate or doctorate from an accredited college or university and one year of professional or technical experience as described above; or
(4) A master’s degree or doctorate from an accredited college or university in instructional design, measurement and testing, or writing/editing/publishing. (5) Professional
or technical experience as described above can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education. (6) Any combination of professional or technical experience as
described above and college education at the rate of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours per year can substitute for the required education.
- Have documented graphic design experience
- Are experts with InDesign and Photoshop
- Have worked on publications
- Can manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Have a good eye for fonts and readability
- Have good critical thinking skills
- Have strong analytical abilities
- Have good oral and written communication skill
Background check required:
FDLE requires an extensive background process of all recommended applicants, including those being considered for OPS positions. The elements of a background check include: financial credit check, criminal history of applicant and applicant’s immediate family or roommates, personal references, employment verifications, drug screen and fingerprinting. This information will be used to make final hiring decisions.
To learn more:
Visit our website at: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/cms/CJSTC/Curriculum/Curriculum-Home.aspx
Send your resume, cover letter, and work sample or link to an online portfolio to:
Use “OPS Designer” in the subject line.
*This is a part-time position*